Dietary Management of Diabetes
Diet and Health
Added on April 13, 2015
Author Michelle Umeadi
Edition First Edition
Published December 11, 2014
File Size 10.91 MB
Dietary Management of Diabetes 10.91 MB - Until recently, Nigerians living with diabetes have been “sentenced” to eating beans in its different preparations along with boiled or roasted plantain. This was based on the wrong premise that there was a high carbohydrate content in other of our local foods and as such were contraindicated in diabetics.
Such recommendations lack scientific proof because the objectives of dietary treatment of diabetes include:
• To achieve health through balanced nutrition
• To achieve optimal blood glucose concentrations
• To achieve optimal blood lipid concentrations
• To provide appropriate energy for reasonable weight, normal growth and development, including during pregnancy and lactation.
• To prevent, delay and treat diabetes-related complications. Do you want to download or read a ebook? It is available in PDF or epub format in the source
Comment on the news site is possible only within (days) days from the date of publication.